- What if your business gets burglarized and the accounting computer is stolen?
- You probably drop your receipts at the bank every night, or at least once a week, have a fire safe for the records you keep on-site, and a key to lock that fire safe.
- If your business gets caught in a fire you would like to rebuild your records quickly.
- Back to our computer-savvy friend: have them write you a simple script to dump your data files to a big thumb drive (budget $50 ~ 100 per drive), or buy a backup program.
- Take backups of your data, and the installation disks and license numbers for each of your software programs, and drop them in that same safe deposit box you put your tax and other records in.
- Store those off-site from your business. Take the backups on Friday night, drop them off Saturday morning when you do your banking.
Main Article 7 Week Plan to Safeguard Your Small Business Assets