Week 1: Secure the Physical
- Check your door locks at each entrance: throw bolts long enough (the kind with the rotating rod in the bolt)
- Verify if you might need anti-theft bars. If there is skylight, perhaps it needs to be covered with a solid barrier.
- A list of people with keys. Do they still need them?
- Inventory of fire alarms, smoke alarms, extinguishers. If you don’t have them hit the hardware store. Make sure you put the alarms up according to instructions.
- Communicate any improvements to the insurance company they might offer you a discount
- You can later consider an alarm systems connected to an alert/answering company to call the fire or police departments.
- I would also verify the cost of some surveillance cameras they have gone down in price and add great value in protecting your all assets.
Main Article 7 Week Plan to Safeguard Your Small Business Assets